Hi! I'm a senior at Cal Poly SLO looking for opportunities to tackle interesting and meaningful problems using software. I have interned at 4 different companies throughout my college career, ranging from a Series-A startup to Google, which has given me extremely useful experience across the board. I have also founded a hackathon, attempted to start a company, and was a finalist in the 2016 Elevator Pitch Competition.
If you'd like to get in touch, please send me an email or connect with me on LinkedIn. I look forward to hearing from you!
- Adding a new feature to the Google Pay iOS app with a projected 1.8 million monthly active users.
- Incorporated remote configuration capabilities to handle usage spikes and allow simple A/B testing on user groups.
- Wrote C++ and Objective-C++ to interface with core iPhone hardware APIs. Ran data through on-device machine learning content matcher.
- Created Swift structures for high-performance data streaming and buffering. Reduced algorithm complexity from quadratic to linear time.
- Architected feature with functional reactive programming principles to ensure cleaner and more expressive code for asynchronous operations.
- Only iOS developer for an early-stage startup. Fully responsible for internal and external iOS applications.
- Architected, designed, and developed app to automate quality assurance on thousands of IoT devices at manufacturing site.
- Automation has removed need for external training, cut testing time by 10x, and cut manufacturing costs by over $100K/year.
- Improved homeowner app by adding support for multiple locations per user. Application is live at businesses and homes nationwide.
- Eliminated most common customer connectivity issue by filtering 2.4 GHz networks through TCP connection with internet bridge.
- Created web dashboard application using Angular and NodeJS for companies to monitor power grid.
- Independently completed rewrite of dashboard usage simulator in Python. New simulator allows configuration changes at runtime, cuts data processing time by 50% using Pandas + NumPy, and adds full test coverage.
- Added functionality to persist user state across load-balanced servers using Java Spring and Cassandra.
- Set up Geoserver using PostgreSQL on internal system for secure mapping.
- Co-founded first Cal Poly hackathon organization backed by Major League Hacking. Hosted 200 students in our first hackathon.
- Worked on development of initial website, organized workshops from professors and industry leaders, and cut operation costs by 65%.
- Gave workshops on iOS development and served as technical mentor throughout events.
- Worked in a 4-person team to ship a mobile app that lets customers manage their retirement portfolio.
- Adhered to MVVM design architecture and TDD principles. Wrote unit tests to cover 85% of highest-priority code. Presented work to team of engineers including VP of Technology.
- Filed and resolved several bugs involving race conditions, memory leaks, and UI/UX flaws which led to a timely, high quality release.
- Gained experience in software design patterns, Automatic Reference Counting, code lints, SDLC, Agile, and JIRA.